Random Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Town

A random forum for you random people out there!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» =) Rival caverns
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:47 am by spazz

» HAAAAAAY! Im SpazzzzZ
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:42 am by spazz

» best!
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:26 am by Apple

» ~ Hey ~
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:24 am by Apple

» Marley And Me
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:24 am by Apple

» Concerts
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:22 am by Apple

» Rap ...
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:21 am by Apple

» A Child Called "It"
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:19 am by Apple

» Last Letter // Band Game
A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:49 am by Peaches

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 127 on Tue May 18, 2021 11:17 am
Top posters
Peaches
A Child Called "It" Vote_lcapA Child Called "It" Voting_barA Child Called "It" Vote_rcap 
kingcane
A Child Called "It" Vote_lcapA Child Called "It" Voting_barA Child Called "It" Vote_rcap 
thegogo
Cravepain
Apple
Ashes et Aspens
Lisa
spazz

A Child Called "It"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cravepain
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Cravepain

A Child Called "It" Empty
PostSubject: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Has anyone read this book? It's amazing! I am not much of a fan of reading in general, but this was a great book. I read it a long time ago. Here is what it's about:

Quote :

David J. Pelzer's mother, Catherine Roerva, was, he writes in this ghastly, fascinating memoir, a devoted den mother to the Cub Scouts in her care, and somewhat nurturant to her children--but not to David, whom she referred to as "an It." This book is a brief, horrifying account of the bizarre tortures she inflicted on him, told from the point of view of the author as a young boy being starved, stabbed, smashed face-first into mirrors, forced to eat the contents of his sibling's diapers and a spoonful of ammonia, and burned over a gas stove by a maniacal, alcoholic mom. Sometimes she claimed he had violated some rule--no walking on the grass at school!--but mostly it was pure sadism. Inexplicably, his father didn't protect him; only an alert schoolteacher saved David.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Admin
Admin
Peaches

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 am

I heard of the story, but havent read it
Back to top Go down
Ashes et Aspens

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:44 pm

sounds good

PS. HI CRAVEPAIN!! Missed ya.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Admin
Admin
Peaches

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:27 am

I'm so confused, who are you Ashes??
you know both of us??

CONFUZZLING!!

Back to top Go down
Ashes et Aspens

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 am

N-N-N-oo.. its Ashes et Aspens

And yes I know you. But you dont know me.. and never will know who I really am..

Life is a mystery..
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Admin
Admin
Peaches

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:00 am

You'd better stop acting like that before i get angry...
Back to top Go down
Ashes et Aspens

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:52 am

C'mon I was your friend... and then you started hating me... and now you are my friend.. and know I think you are starting to hate me again.

Life is strange..
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Admin
Admin
Peaches

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 am

And stop ending every post with ''Life is...''
Back to top Go down
Ashes et Aspens

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Why are you always so annoyed by me?

Life is optional, but not controllable
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Admin
Admin
Peaches

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:46 am

for pitys sake
Back to top Go down
Apple
Apple

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:19 am

Cravepain wrote:
Has anyone read this book? It's amazing! I am not much of a fan of reading in general, but this was a great book. I read it a long time ago. Here is what it's about:

Quote :

David J. Pelzer's mother, Catherine Roerva, was, he writes in this ghastly, fascinating memoir, a devoted den mother to the Cub Scouts in her care, and somewhat nurturant to her children--but not to David, whom she referred to as "an It." This book is a brief, horrifying account of the bizarre tortures she inflicted on him, told from the point of view of the author as a young boy being starved, stabbed, smashed face-first into mirrors, forced to eat the contents of his sibling's diapers and a spoonful of ammonia, and burned over a gas stove by a maniacal, alcoholic mom. Sometimes she claimed he had violated some rule--no walking on the grass at school!--but mostly it was pure sadism. Inexplicably, his father didn't protect him; only an alert schoolteacher saved David.

That sounds really sad ... but very interesting. I would love to read it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Child Called "It"   A Child Called "It" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Child Called "It"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Town :: Other :: Books and Magazines-
Jump to: